- Our products
We supply coffee machines, coffee pods and coffee-related accessories.
- Read instructions
Please carefully read and follow all instructions that come with our products as these will assist you to use your newly-purchased products correctly.
- Non-returnable items
We do not accept the following items for return:
- Opened coffee pod containers and packaging
- Used coffee pods
- Used coffee machines
- Damaged coffee machines
If, however, any of the items damaged or have expired upon receipt we will replace or refund them.
- Advance orders
Should you wish to order any of our items in advance you may be required to pay a 50% deposit. You will forfeit this deposit if you cancel the order within 10 days before the agreed upon delivery date.
- Exceptional items
If you ask us to provide you with unusual or exceptional items you will be required to pay a 50% deposit or the full amount for the item/s. You may not cancel an order for custom goods prior to delivery. In this case, you will forfeit any amount already paid for the goods. We may charge you an additional cancellation fee. The cancellation fee plus the amount forfeited will not be more than the full amount for the goods.
- Cooling-off period for electronic transactions
Section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act may apply to your electronic transactions. If you qualify as a consumer under the ECT Act, you may be entitled to cancel some electronic transactions within seven days, without reason or penalty. 'Cancel' means each party will be placed in the same position that they were in before the transaction took place. This requires that you return the item in a new, unused state and we will refund the purchase price.
Section 44 is only applicable if you are a natural person – in other words, a human being. You must also be the end user of the goods or service. The transaction must be an electronic transaction — a transaction concluded via (in whole or in part) the website, email, or SMS.
This cooling off period does not apply to goods made or altered to your specifications, or goods specially ordered from a foreign country that is not usually sold by us but was sourced for you upon your request.
- Return of goods in terms of cooling-off period
You must return any goods in new condition with all original packaging and materials (including any accessories or parts). We will refund the purchase price of the goods within 30 days of the date of cancellation.
- Returns within 30 days
We want you to be happy with your purchase, and we understand if you suddenly have a change of heart. You may return your unused, unopened item within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. Please see below for information in how to return an item, how to package the return and how we process your refund. Please log a return by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure the following information is contained in your email:
- Order number
- Date of order
- Date of delivery
- Collection address
- Contact person and mobile/landline number
- Incorrect item delivered
We do our best to ensure the product information, availability, purchase price and associated delivery times and fees are accurately reflected on our site. Please notify us within 7 days (the sooner the better) by sending an email to email@example.com.
However, should we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you or if the product is not as described on the website, or is missing any parts:
- Please do not remove the product from its original packaging or any of the stickers or labels.
- Notify us as immediately and we will collect the product from you at no charge.
- We will at your choosing:
- deliver the correct item to you as soon as possible (if available);
- Issue a refund (using the same method of payment you originally used for the purchase).
- Please note that a refund is not available if the item was received as a gift.
- Goods received damaged or defective
If your goods arrive damaged, missing any parts or accessories, or is inoperable, we will do our best to resolve the issue. Please notify us within 7 days (the sooner the better) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will require the following information to assess where in the delivery process the damage may have occurred:
- photograph of the outer box
- photograph of the inside of the box, including the inner packaging
- photograph of the damaged item.
If necessary we will arrange collection of the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product or photographs and validated your return (if needed), we will, according to your preference:
- replace the product (if available);
- issue a refund (using the same method of payment you originally used for the purchase).
- Please note that a refund is not available if the item was received as a gift.
- How to return an item
There are different methods of returning an item.
You may drop off the item at our office in Johannesburg. There is no cost associated with this.
You may select a pick-up date and the item will be collected from you. We may charge a fee for this service.
- How to package an item you want to return
The returning product must be packed, in its original packaging, in another box with as much padding and protective packaging as possible so that it can travel safely back to us. Returns that are sent back otherwise will have a 10% repackaging fee levied against them. If the returning product has not been packaged properly and is damaged, then we cannot give you a refund as it is your responsibility to package the item correctly.
- How your refund is processed
- Returns within 30 days
You will be offered a product exchange. If you specifically require another form of refund (i.e. credit card or EFT), a 7% fee of the refund amount may be charged. Refunds are handled within 8 to 10 working days of logging the return. Please note that refunds can take up to 3 working days to reflect in your account once processed due to banking timelines.
- Damaged goods
Refunds are handled within 8 to 10 working days of logging the return. Please note that refunds can take up to 3 working days to reflect in your account once processed due to banking timelines.
Replacements may take longer as these are dependent on availability.
- Our goods warranty
We warrant that all our goods are new and of good quality unless we clearly describe them as used or reconditioned or as having specific defects.
Support for repairs within warranty or general repairs may vary according to the availability of support from local agents. These will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
- Statutory warranty against defects
We warrant all our new goods against any defects for six months of normal household or business use, from the time we supplied the goods. This is the statutory warranty in terms of the Consumer Protection Act of 2008 (the CPA).
- Defective goods
Defective goods are those that had a defect or were unsafe when we supplied them. We highly recommend testing your purchase as soon as you have received it to make sure that the product is in working order. A defect usually means that the goods were manufactured using materials, components or workmanship below an acceptable standard. You must prove that goods are defective.
- Statutory compensation
We will repair, replace, or refund the price of any defective goods that you return to us during the six-month statutory warranty. Returns must follow our returns procedure in item 9. We will do our best to repair the defective product, or replace it within 21 calendar days. However, if should it take longer, we will contact you to keep you informed.
- Choice of compensation
Under the CPA any customer may choose to either have the defective item repaired or replaced or receive a refund.
- Statutory warranty on repairs
We do not personally carry out the repair, but we will send the goods to the supplier to be repaired. We warrant all our repairs and repaired goods against the failure of a repair and any further defect for the remaining portion of the statutory warranty plus a further three months from the time we returned the repaired goods.
- Compensation under repair warranty
Under the CPA, we may choose to replace or refund the price of any repaired goods that you return to us during the three-month repair warranty period.
- Inspection of defective goods
- Suitably qualified examiner
Should you believe that you have received a defective item please email us at email@example.com and appoint a suitably qualified examiner to examine the goods and produce a report for us to consider. A suitably qualified examiner is a reputable and independent person trained and qualified to repair goods. We will not charge you for this service.
- Our examination duties
Our third-party suppliers are trained to recognise any defects in their goods. They can usually tell if the goods have been misused, for example if they have been neglected, damaged, altered or not used according to instructions. Our third party suppliers will give reasons if they refuse to accept that we supplied defective goods, but will only do this if they honestly believe the goods have been misused.
- Statutory right to return unsuitable goods
We have extended this right to all our customers, including those who are not consumers under the CPA. We also have extended the time frame from the statutory ten days to 30 days.
You may return goods within 30 days of delivery if you were not able to examine them before delivery in order to discover that the goods are not what you ordered or expected, or are not suitable for a specific purpose that was communicated to us in writing.
- Returns of unsuitable goods
A consumer must return unsuitable goods within thirty days of delivery according to our returns and refunds procedure highlighted in item 20.
- Refund of price of unsuitable goods
We will refund the full price of any unsuitable goods in their original unopened packaging. For opened goods, we may deduct or charge a reasonable amount for any use of the goods plus certain costs necessary for repackaging and restocking, subject to the CPA. These costs are usually up to 25% of the cost of the goods.
- Invalidation of warranties and right to return unsuitable goods
Warranties on any of our goods will be invalid if any person who is not suitably qualified has opened, tampered with or altered the goods contrary to the instructions or removed the warranty label. This also applies to goods found to be unsuitable. It is considered fraud to damage goods deliberately to claim a refund.
- Exclusion of industrial use
We only warrant goods for any industrial or unusual commercial use if we clearly state this in writing, for example on the packaging or website.
- Our returns and refunds procedure
You must use our returns and refunds procedure for returning defective or unsuitable goods, or else we may refuse to accept them. Our returns and refunds procedure is as follows:
- Any return of physical goods must include all accessories and instructions, and all original packaging that is still available. Returns that are sent back otherwise will have a 10% repackaging fee levied against them. If original delivery packaging is not available, please make sure the goods are in protective packaging as we are not responsible for any damage in transit. If the returning product item has not been packaged properly and is damaged, then we cannot give you a refund as it is your responsibility to package the item correctly.
- When you receive your returns reference number (e.g.: YCR12345), please write the return claim number (e.g.: YCR12345) clearly on the outside of the package. We may refuse to accept a package that does not have this return reference number on it.
- You may choose to have the item collected by our couriers or drop it off at our office in Carlswald North Estate, Midrand, Johannesburg.
- If you claim that our products are defective, our supplier will examine the goods for defects. In the case of physical items, our staff will examine the actual item/s. They will provide a report to us on the state of the item/s and whether they were defective, were misused, or are of good quality. We do not regard the following as defective:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product; or
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit the user.
- If you claim that our goods are unsuitable for your purposes, we will first investigate whether you communicated the purpose to us. If you did, we will then provide you with a written report indicating whether we believe the goods were unsuitable for your specific purpose or not.
- If you returned the goods within the seven day cooling-off period and our suppliers report that the goods were defective, were provided to you for your specific purpose and were unsuitable for that purpose, you will have the option have the item repaired, replaced, or refunded the purchase price. This applies of you are a consumer under the CPA. If you are not we will advise you to how you will be compensated.
- If you choose for the item to be repaired or replaced or if we decide to do so ourselves, we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to arrange the necessary steps to repair or replace the goods.
- If you opt for a refund or we decide to do so ourselves, we will contact you and arrange payment of the refunded amount into a bank account of your choice within 30 days of cancellation.
- If the item was given to you as a gift, you will need to provide the original purchaser's details. You will be required to select another item to same value. Should you select an item of greater value you will be required to pay the difference.
- All free gifts or bonus items attached to the purchased products, or all elements of any bundled items, must also be returned with the original purchase. If not, the value of any such unreturned gift, bonus or bundled item will be deducted from any refund.
- Our customer services department contact details
- Telephone number: 082 998 6901
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical Address: Carlswald North Estate, Tamboti Road, Midrand, Johannesburg
- Postal Address: PO Box 1253, Lonehill, Johannesburg, 2062
- Office hours:
- Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 18:00
- Friday 08:00 to 15:00
- Saturday 08:00 to 13:00
- Sunday 17:00 to 21:00
- Not open on Public holidays
- Customer queries and complaints
We aim for complete customer satisfaction. We respect our customers' rights and always try to comply with best practice and all relevant laws. If you are not satisfied with any of our items purchased, or have any questions, please contact our customer services department and have your invoice number ready. We will try our best to resolve the issue as we are proud of the reputation of our goods.
Any complaints regarding the standard and quality of the product or products bought by consumers through our website should be directed to the Customer Service Manager, PO Box 1253, Lonehill, Johannesburg, 2062 or email@example.com
- Dispute resolution
If we do not accept that we supplied defective or unsuitable goods, and our customer services department has not been able to help, any customer may still take the matter up with a suitable ombud or other dispute resolution body, or take legal action. The dispute resolution procedures under the CPA do not necessarily apply to all transactions with us. This policy does not exclude any other rights customers may have.